Eating for your Blood Type

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_blank' in /home4/bonafide/public_html/ on line 618

Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_nofollow' in /home4/bonafide/public_html/ on line 621

Eating for your blood type? Recently, eating acoording to your blood type has become a much heated topic of debate, with the release of book “Eat Right 4 Your Type”. If you have not heard about the book, you must be wondering about the relation between blood type and your diet.

You take care of your health and make proper food choices. You do exercise and you even take the stairs. But still you notice that some healthy foods give you digestion problems, lethargy and you do not feel energetic at all. And on the other hand, some people can eat just about anything they want to eat, yet they never suffer from any digestive ailments or never gain weight.

Well…it’s time that you know how your blood type is affecting the kind of food you are eating. According to the author of Eat Right 4 Your Type, Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo, your body requirements and your personality depends upon your blood type.

What is this theory, “Eating for your blood type”?

Our blood type plays an important role in all the biological processes going within the cells. The four different blood types have evolved in response to the physiological development of humans and changing climatic conditions. During the course of evolution, human body got adapted to many evolutionary changes and this strengthened our immune system against numerous environmental assailants and adapted its digestive system to a wide range of new foods. Research has shown that your individual blood type determines the type of biochemistry present in our digestive system and hence eating according to our blood type is necessary as well as beneficial. Studies have shown that blood type is major factor that determines your predisposition towards getting certain ailments such as diabetes, allergies, cancer, heart diseases and other illnesses.

Eating for your blood type Eating for your Blood Type

How does blood type affects the food that we eat?

According to Dr. Peter D’Amano, a chemical reaction occurs between your blood and the food that you eat. This reaction is due to presence of lectins found in foods. Lectins are group of proteins and have agglutinating properties that affect your blood. So if you are eating foods containing lectins that are incompatible with your blood type antige, chemical reactions will ocuur that will affect your body organs. The incompatible lectins target an organ or system in the body and start to agglutinate blood cells in that area. Lectins can cause several body ailments if they are specific to any particular blood type.


Most of the lectins found in foods are not dangerous and our immune system protects against them. 95% of the lectins absorbed from the foods are sloughed off by the body. But the remaining 5% enters the blood stream and can cause reactions in different body systems.

Foods according to your blood type:

Our blood type is a part of your genetic inheritance and genetic rhythm. Foods are categorised in to- Highly beneficial to your blood type, Foods that can be allowed according to your blood type and Foods that may cause harm to you. For example, people with blood type O are susceptible to weight gain, stomach ulcers and thyroid disorders. Therefore that diet should include lean meat, fruits and vegetables and they should avoid dairy products.

Eating for your blood type not only helps in treating digestive disorders but also helps in preventing certain ailments to which you are susceptible.